Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Anecdote: Thief ensnared by stolen pager

LONDON (Reuters) -- A British man trapped the thief who stole his pager by leaving a message saying he had won 500 pounds ($835) in a competition.

David Withers lost the pager when his car was broken into. Builder Justin C.......k, ensnared in the simplest of stings, was fined 150 pounds ($251) for being in possession of stolen property after answering the message.

Withers told reporters: "I was fuming when I found my car had been broken into. I called police and then decided to leave the message. Not long afterwards, my mobile rang and a shady-sounding voice asked about the prize.

"I told him he had won 500 pounds in a church fete and that I had paged him because I did not want to send the money by post.
The police arrested the idiot when he came to collect the prize.
I could not believe anybody would be that stupid."

Source: CNN

No comments:

Post a Comment