Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson on a camping trip

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson went on a camping trip.
After a good meal and a bottle of wine they lay down for the night, and went to sleep.
Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend.
- "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."
Watson replied,
- "I see millions and millions of stars."
- "What does that tell you?"
Watson pondered for a minute.
- "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?".
Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke...
"Watson, you idiot!!. Someone has stolen our tent!"

No comments:

Post a Comment