Monday, February 19, 2007

The I files (or the definition of luck)

The Insurance Files

This is an actual report that was turned in by a brick mason after an injury.
This is what he said to his employer:


When I got to the building, I found that the hurricane had knocked off some bricks from the top.
So - I rigged up a beam with a pulley at the top of the building, and I hoisted up a couple of barrels full of bricks.
When I had fixed the damaged area, there were a lot of bricks left over. Then I went to the bottom and began releasing the line.
Unfortunately - the barrel of bricks was heavier than I was and before I knew what was happening the barrel started coming down, jerking me up and I decided to hang on since I was too far off the ground by then to jump.
Half way up, I met the barrel of bricks coming down - FAST.
I received a hard blow on my shoulder.
I then continued to the top, banging my head against the beam and getting my finger pinched and jammed in the pulley.
When the barrel hit the ground - HARD- it burst its bottom, allowing the bricks to spill out.
I was now heavier than the barrel.
SO - I started dawn again at a high speed!
Half way down, I met the empty barrel coming up - FAST.
I received severe injuries to my shins.
When I hit the ground, I landed on the pile of spilled bricks, getting several painful cuts and deep bruises.
At this point I must have lost my presence of mind because, I let go of the line.
The barrel came down - FAST - giving me another blow on my head, putting me in the hospital.

I respectfully request sick leave.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:51 AM

    I added you to my blogroll as well, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love that one about peanut butter? Where did you find that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I love this building one! Kinda bad luck though!
    Sorry, was just browsing blogs adn yours came up. I hope you don't mind me commenting.
    Jess xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    This originates in the late 1950's from Gerard Hoffnung; you can still get the recording at http://www.musicweb-international.com/hoffnung/Hoffsales/bbc.htm

    Brilliant!

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol this was so funny! it made my day, told all my co-workers to read it. it cracked us all up!

    Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:11 PM

    @Moe
    LoL
    Poor guy. He must have hurt reaaaally bad but the whole incident description is hillarious.

    @James
    Thanks for the info pal. Didnt know that one.

    @Jessica
    Thanks honey :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:49 AM

    dalmatiangirls2004@yahoo.com loved it

    ReplyDelete